GETTING TO MV GATTINO
MV Gattino is based in Bintan Island, Indonesia.
Bintan is only about one hour and thirty minutes by ferry from Singapore (Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal).
The following operators have ferries plying between Singapore and Bintan.
Bintan Resort Ferry (www.brf.com.sg) arriving at / departing from Bandar Bentan Telani (BBT) in Lagoi
Sindo Ferry (www.sindoferry.com.sg) arriving at / departing from Sri Bintan Pura (SBP) in Tanjung Pinang
Majestic Ferry (www.majesticferry.com.sg) arriving at / departing from Sri Bintan Pura (SBP) in Tanjung Pinang
For 2023, we are offering free return land transfers to MV Gattino as follows:
1. Bus departs from BBT in Lagoi at 12.30 pm to board MV Gattino on Day 1 of Schedule
2. Bus departs from Nite & Day Hotel in Tanjung Pinang at 6.00 am to board MV Gattino on Day 2 of Schedule.
For this option, you pay only S$649 per pax for 2D1N LOB (inclusive of 1 night stay at Nite & Day Hotel on Day 1.)
1. Bus departs from berth of MV Gattino at 12 noon on Day 3 of Schedule for guests headed for Bandar Bentan Telani for ferry departing Bintan at 2.05 pm or 4.05 pm on last day of Schedule
2. Bus departs from berth of MV Gattino at 11 am on Day 3 of Schedule for guests headed for Sri Bintan Pura for ferry departing Tanjung Pinang at 1.00 pm
If you are based in Batam, you can drive over to Bintan via the car ferry or 'RoRo'.
From other parts of Indonesia
If you are in Indonesia, there are also domestic flights to Bintan's Raja Haji Fisabilillah Airport. Riau Airlines provides connections to Jakarta, Pekanbaru, Palembang, Jambi and the remote Natuna Islands whilst Sriwijaya Air offers daily flights from Jakarta.
We provide complimentary transfers to MV Gattino using speedboats parked at various jetties along the Trikora beach area. The location of the jetty depends on the tide. Sometimes, the tide is just too low to use any of the jetties, we would need to wade into the shallow waters along Trikora beach to board the speedboat. So it would be best to wear shorts and sandals when coming to any of Gattino's trips!
WHAT IS MV GATTINO LIKE?
Details about MV Gattino
- 20 m ocean going vessel
- 2 x marine engines
- 2 x generator sets
- 1 x compressor / 40 tanks
- 1200 litre fresh water capacity for washing
- Spacious dive deck / dive platform / rinse area / rinse tank
- 3 x marine toilets with fresh water shower
- Air conditioned TV lounge / dry area
- Air conditioned dormitory style sleeping quarters / Sleeps 8
- Open deck lounge and dining area / Open concept kitchen
- Radar / GPS / AIS transceiver / Marine radio / Satellite phone
- First aid kit / Oxygen kit / AED / Life vests / Life rafts / Emergency watermaker
- 12 x Personal locator beacons (PLB)
WHERE DOES MV GATTINO DIVE?
South of Bintan
The dive sites extends from Numbing Island to the Bangka and Belitung Islands, south of Bintan.
East of Bintan
The dive sites are located along the coast of Trikora to the islands of Nikoi and Mapur, east of Bintan
North of Bintan
The dive sites are found along the north east coast of Bintan, along Lagoi and extends all the way past Berakit to the Anambas Islands.
DO YOU PROVIDE INSURANCE?
Our dive operations are insured. However, our prices do not include personal insurance for guests. You may obtain insurance for your trip with us with Dive Assure. You can obtain a free, no-obligation quote here: